WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, January 03, 2004  

This is so cool. I've installed Romeo on my iBook and Veta Universal on my Nokia 3650. I can now control my computer with my cell and I no longer need my infrared remote. If I write some scripts for Indigo I will even be send commands to my home automation system. I also plan on doing something creative with the proximity range feature.

Message for Nicol�s: s�, he le�do tus comentarios. Gracias. As� la cosa es un poco mas interactiva.

This past weekend and a few other days, briefly:

Train to D.C. on Sunday. Cab from Union station straight to Pam's parents' for brunch. Ghego, Julie, Pam, the kids, the parents and us. Lots and lots of food. For Ghego and me wine and whisky too. You just can't help your true nature.

Ghego is still exactly the same. He does not seem to age at all. Well, maybe just a little. He has some gray hairs here and there and maybe just the slightest roundess to his face. Other than that he's still the same guy he was at 17. You sure can't say the same of me! He is also very much the same character-wise. Still very silent, very introverted and very stressed underneath it all. He drinks like he needs it and he has totally ruined both his thumb's fingernails by constantly tugging at his cuticles. He seems to be always tuning out everybody and everything, lost in thought. Still, I do like him very very much, even after all these years. He's a really sweet guy. A very difficult one to be married to I am sure, but a sweet, nice guy.

Julie was her usual friendly self and the kids were adorable. Matteo wants to come to NY and stay with me again and I am flattered. We told him that he could come if he makes decent grades in school.

In the evening we went for a walk which included a visit to a sex shop (only Julie and I went in) before drinks downtown and dinner at a good Italian place with a real Italian chef (a friend of Pam's) who kept sending excellent food our way. Janis and Athina, a friend of Julie's, joined us.

Sunday night we slept over at Janis' parents' with Pam (they are away and she housesits).

Monday Pam, JP and I had lunch at the Peacock Cafe and then met Ghego and family at the inevitable "Wake up little suzie"'s. After a while Ghego and I (and JP) headed to a nearby pub (actually the same one I was at recently with M.A. and Pam) while everybody else stayed outside. I almost managed to start a conversation with him and I probably would have managed to do it had I had more time to badger him.

Eventually he got us to the train station.

New Year's Eve:

We went to Cecilia's. I made some "gambas al ajillo" following what I remembered of M.A.'s instructions and Cecilia made pears with roquefort and lasagna. It was way too much food but fun. Their house is looking really nice now. Full of color and uncluttered.

On January 1st JP and I went downtown. I fell in love with a pair of Tamara Henriques rubber rainboots that I now HAVE to have (they might have been knocks off though). We had lunch at Zoe's and liked it very much. We then went looking for JP's Xmas present, which seems to be sold out everywhere (he wants an extraslim Casio digital camera).

Tomorrow Saturday JP will be flying back. I, for once, will stay home and babysit Cecilia's girls so she and Silvio can enjoy some time out and I can enjoy the kids. Works out perfectly. Sunday I'll probably take Melissa to the movies.

Hey, everybody, hurry back!

1:38 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives