WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, January 09, 2004  

Back from drinks at O'Neils and dinner at an Italian-Hungarian place with a blind pianoman/singer, a huge matronly Hungarian waitress (and probably owner) and a mafia like clientele. The whole thing had us in stitches. I could not stop laughing. Now I am back home. The heat does not seem to be working and we are having frigid 7 degrees weather (with a "feel like" of -6 degrees). It's so cold outdoors it hurts.

I gave my dead iBook to JP (who is the constant recipient of my discarded technology). Here the repair would have have cost me a minimum of $350 and up to $600 or so. In Argentina they will do it for $170. Instead of installing new parts they repair the old ones (some repairs are minimum and don't really warrant a replacement). Wonderful. He gets a new computer, I'll transfer all my data to my new iBook and install Panther on his. He gets the Airport card and I have my Extreme card so we can both connect to my wireless network at home. And, to top it off, another person switches from Microsoft to Apple, and we all know there is no turning back afterwards!

11:43 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives