WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, December 21, 2003  

I hope I am not coming down with something. Yesterday after lunch with M.A. downtown I stayed in for the evening. And this despite having been invited to Bob's party. Not only that. I offered to stay home with the kids but Silvio was not feeling well so Cecilia asked me to go out for a margarita and I said no. I said no. Unbelievable. I actually mixed her a homemade margarita and did not taste it. Something is definitely wrong.
Today I woke up early to pick up Melissa and froze my butt out in the cold while she slept oblivious to my phone calls and door rings. Finally her father emerged from the deepest sleep I've even heard of (it even beats mine) and I took her to a trendy brunch place a couple of blocks from her place, before going shopping for a little something here and there. I now got something for almost everybody on my (short) list. As for Melissa herself, she gave me a red shirt from Old Navy and I gave her a set up fruity lipglosses, but this is not the real present. The real present, which she is already aware of and of which I spoke to her mom about beforehand, is a membership at the YMCA so she can enroll in the teen programs and maybe do some karate again and swimming. I thought it was better than just buying her something. I would rather contribute to her not spending too much time in the park hanging out with friends and doing nothing or just watching movies. She used to do karate at school and loved it but the classes have been cancelled. Karate is a great sport and is always good to know how to kick some ass. You never know when it might come in handy.
So tomorrow I'll stop by at the Y and see about getting her in. I also have to ask for my free passes, which I never received, so I can give them to JP for him to use while he is here. He should be here on Tuesday morning.
The rest of the day I did nothing. Cecilia and family are out at IKEA again and my plan was to wrap the presents while they were away. Then I thought I'd like to show them to JP first, so I decided to leave the wrapping for later. I still have the lease to sign and a text to finish and all sort of things to do but I mostly watched TV (oh yeah, we are on high terror alert again), read a book and napped.
Now it's time to get up. I should be going out with M.A. for "a little beer" in a while.

5:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives