WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, November 20, 2003  

Yesterday was a day of men falling at my feet - for all the wrong reasons.
There we were in the cafeteria, after dinner, ready to pay for our coffees and go back to work when we heard a loud thump. I turned and saw a guy a few feet away, laying flat on the floor. I waited a nanosecond for some alpha male to take charge and when none appeared I rushed to the poor guy. For a moment there I thought he was dying and my hand automatically went to his chest while I tried to remember the right way to give CPR (being a fan of real TV is a plus in these circumstances - I must confess too that I checked the guy's mouth and dentures and wished very hard mouth-to-mouth resuscitation would not be needed). The man seemed to be having some kind of seizure, his eyes were rolling, his head and upper body were shaking, maybe the effect of banging his head on the floor (he did end up with a major bump and a small cut). I just did the Florence Nightingale routine, held his head and his hand and talked to him to make sure he was conscious while we waited for the Security guys to arrive. They sure took their sweet time. I strongly recommend not having a heart attack in our cafeteria unless you are totally determined to die.
Finally, after this little incident we payed our coffee and went back to the office.
By midnight I had finished my work and so had M.A. so out we went. I was raining cats and dogs but that has never stopped anybody and certainly not us. Also, I happen to love the rain and the city looked glorious in an eerie grey light.
We walked into the first bar, into some sort of commotion. M.A. alerted me to the fight going on but it did not register at first. Then a huge guy landed at my feet. I had to stay. I love fights. I know it's pathetic to go through the whole womens' revolution, liberation and yada yada yada just to be turned on by a primitive display of testosterone but what can I say, it definitely works for me. Not the drunken pushes and shoves, but the real thing. My mind immediately rushes to the scene from An Officer and a Gentleman where Richard Gere kicks some serious ass outside a bar. Aaaaahhhh!
Gotta go now.

2:45 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives