WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, November 04, 2003  

Yesterday after work M.A. and I went out for a few margaritas and a little chitchat. He was supposed to leave today for a few days and it was good to squeeze out another evening out with him. Problem was he ended up not leaving after all and as sorry as I am for him, I am ashamed to admit I am delighted for myself. If this makes me a selfish bitch, then I guess that's what I am.
Plans for tonight were dinner with Monse and a bunch of friends of hers. I met her around 8 PM on Union Square. She was with a couple of friends I instantly liked very much but who left almost immediately (though we are going to have dinner together with them tomorrow and I am looking forward to it). Two other friends of hers showed up a little later but unfortunately they were not as fun and finally another guy, a new colleague freshly imported from Switzerland, joined us too. We had dinner at Republic or more exactly, they had dinner while I ordered a mango mojito, sent it back and settled for a beer. The place looks trendy enough but is extremely noisy. I am not sure whether this was good or bad. On one hand it made it very difficult to mantain a conversation, on the other, it provided a great excuse for the lack of it. Curiously the restaurant is packed with Spaniards. Go figure. It must be on some Spanish tourist guide.
After dinner Monse, Benjamin (the new colleague) and I went for a relaxed drink over at the Coffee Shop half a block away and I was home by 10.30 PM, like a good girl.

Cecilia e-mailed me today. Her travel schedule is confirmed, she will be arriving on December 1st. Youpee!

11:17 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives