WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, November 26, 2003  

Very busy day so far. Went downtown to the Apple store with my poor iBook. The guy at the genius bar was very friendly, looked into it, said the motherboard could have been damaged, that a replacement could cost me around 700 bucks. Yikes. But I was not entirely convinced so he gave me Tekserve's address and phone number to check out other options. At Tekserve another extremely nice guy (Mac technicians tend to feel your pain) looked at my baby. It works perfectly on batteries but it won't charge so his guess (and mine) was that only the plug-in piece needs replacement. The CD tray does not close, but I can live with it if I have to. The estimate for the repair, new CD/DVD drive included, was around $ 350. Now, a new G4 iBook starts at 1.099 so I was not too eager to part with 350 just like that. I asked whether they knew of a battery charger but they had never heard of any for the white iBook. Given that Tekserve could not repair it before at least 10 days I decided to take the baby back home and think about it. At home I googled "battery charger iBook" and bingo! a company named MCE makes such a charger but they are backordered. A phone call and a few clicks away and I bought one on-line. It should be delivered next week. This way at least I will be able to use my iBook until I am ready to buy the new G4 and take this one down to Argentina to repair it at a cheaper price.

While waiting at the computer store I thought of doing some bluejacking. I turned on bluetooth on my Nokia and sniffed 2 cell phones and 2 computers. But then I chickened out, there were not that many people around and I was afraid it was going to be too obvious. I'd really like to try to snap a picture and send it anonymously to some poor victim.

After all the computer saga I still had to go to the market to get the food for tomorrow. It was packed. People everywhere. But at least everybody seemed to be smiling and just as flabbergasted as I was. We were walking around the isles zombie-like, some with lists in our hands, some with vacant looks on our faces. Finally I got what I needed and came back home to drop everything in the refrigerator and come to work.


Two essential bits of information:

* Britney Spears' grooming leaves a lot to be desired. Check out her fingernails and her unshaven leg. The picture was taken at her latest appearance on Letterman.

* Leroy is dead!



6:55 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives