WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, November 25, 2003  

My late Friday Five, as usual:

1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.

Lose a hundred pounds? Not likely
Other than that I don't wish to accomplish anything that could not wait until next year. As far as I concerned the holidays are meant to be enjoyed, not stressed over.

2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.

I pretty much keep in touch with everybody that matters to me or I hunt them down on the Internet. So far I think I've only failed to reconnect with my very first boyfriend (well, second, but the first one was gay). I was 15, he was 13 (even back then I liked them young): Robert Bruce Stratman, aka Bobby, from CA. We met in a place called El Saladillo, near Estepona, near Marbella, in Spain. It was a summer thing but, as adolescence requires, a dramatically intense summer thing.
A year later (or was is two?) I went back to the same place with my family and he was there, he came to see me and told me a heartwrenching story of having to pull out his dead father from the sea. I was a bitch to him. Well, maybe not a bitch, but I was already head over hills with the guy who would end up being my total consuming obsession and boyfriend for a couple of years in highschool so basically I had no time for Bobby. I remember writing to an address I had for his family in California a few years later but I've never heard anything back.
I am sure he has grown up to be an exceptional guy. He already was. He was mature way beyond his years (it also helped that he was basketball player kind of tall), he was an outstanding golf player, he painted, he even hand stitched a sweatshirt for me, he woodcarved and he was very easy on the eyes.

3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.

Sing
Play drums
Math
Drive
Public speaking


4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery (no limit).

Buy a house for my sister and her husband
Set up a trust fund for my nieces and Melissa
Get the best medical insurance for JP
Buy a townhouse in NYC with plenty of rooms for friends
Throw one hell of a party and fly in all my friends

And no, I would not leave my job

5. List five things you do that help you relax.

Dance
Drink (sad but true)
Run
Write
Surf the Net


Thinking about question #2 my mind went to Francesca, a friend of mine in Milan, Italy. I researched her on the Web and came up with her genealogy. Eventhough I had a videoconference with her a couple of years ago, I had forgotten her children's names: Olimpia and Bardo. Can you get any haugthier?

I have another friend, in Rome, whose daughter is called Ginevra. Olimpia and Ginevra are two names I would have loved to have the guts to give to a child of mine. And I love Ludovica too. And Agatha (I don't like Agnese though, the Italian name for Agatha).

But I digress ...

Now to my long suffering hair. I love the Sunrise Tequila hue, but I would gladly do without it on my scalp. Serves me well for being so damn impatient and being unable to wait and go out and buy a brush. I just applied the color with (gloved) fingers and ended up with a badly stained scalp. I tried to wash my hair at least three times, ruining the color but not making the stains disappear. A pity. I now look like I have some sort of bright orange skin disorder. I hope to be able to get rid of the blotches with toothpaste (a tip I got from the Web). If not I'll have to walk around with a hat for a while.

12:36 AM
Comments:
http://technologiesuae.com/#pill much 1mg xanax - xanax dosage for sleep
 
Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives