WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, November 22, 2003  

I've been a bad bad girl. On my way home from work, at 1 in the morning, I stopped at a 24 hours deli and bought some Kinder chocolate and practically eat the whole thing. I may now feel appropiately guilty.

Tomorrow I absolutely must take my iBook to the genius bar at the Apple store and see what's wrong with the power supply and the CD tray (well, I know what's wrong: I dropped the thing) and whether it can be repaired. Then I'll go pick up Melissa and spend the afternoon with her. In the evening I'll be going to a little get-together at a colleague's though I am not planning on staying long. Not that I have anything against the people who are going, but I know it will be a pretty family oriented thing, very low key and there is only so much low key I can take. Maybe I should really work on my extraordinary capacity for getting bored very fast. It's always been like that. My father used to say I had no "internal life" and that's why I got bored so easily (yes, I guess he was calling me an imbecile). It might well be. It might be that I need to be constantly entertained. It might also be that I don't have much patience for the things I do not enjoy. The way I see life is about enjoying it and I enjoy doing, as opposed to watching or, even worse, "contemplating". Maybe it's not only about enjoyment but pleasure it's a big part of the picture for me. This pursuit of happiness of mine might explain why I tend to be happier than most people, or maybe just more vocal about it. I stay away from the things I do not derive pleasure from and I pursue with a vengeance the things and the people that make me happy. Obviously, I am not talking only about immediate gratification. I do understand that some pleasures are only enhanced by delaying them and that happiness is a complex experience that does involve conquering challenges and all that. Still, I like to enjoy every step of the way and I am not wiling to waste my time with things or people I do not throughly enjoy.

I was in the mood to reach out to friends today but was unable to reach almost every one of them: Adriana in Milan, Italy; Valeria in Paris, France; Liliana and Cecilia in Montevideo, Uruguay and Monica in Rome, Italy. I did manage to instant message Cecilia (who was actually in Buenos Aires) and to talk to Adriana's daugther. I also had a videoconference with my brother in Madrid aroun noon. We used iVisit but I could not get the audio to work. We will ty again on Monday.

M.A. is leaving tomorrow for a week. It'a a real bummer but the major one will be when he goes back to Spain at the end of December. I got so used to having him around all the time I am going to miss him like hell.
I am planning on going to Argentina in January and hopefully hubby will be moving in again with me in February. That should keep me busy, and happy!

2:36 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives