WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, November 26, 2003  

Five AM must be my time to be awake. Yesterday because I hadn't gone to bed yet, today because I woke up. So be it. I might go downtown and shop for Thanksgiving dinner as I am officially in charge of poisoning my friends with an attempt at cooking.

Yesterday I went to a potluck dinner at Melissa's school. On my way out I discovered I had attended the wrong event. Typical me. Fact is that Melissa's school was having a potluck dinner while the mentoring organization that put Melissa and I together was having its own event one flight of stairs below. No big deal as the idea was to be with Melissa and her mom and that's what I did. Actually, I hardly saw Melissa who was running around with her friends and only exchanged a few words with her mom and a friend of hers, but what the heck, the mom had asked me to go and I did. In any case I should have known something was amiss when I followed a bunch of little girls and their moms carrying trays of food into the building and noticed that everybody was signing a card for "Isabel". I had no idea who Isabel was but found out later she's the social worker who's leaving to start another job. The event was in her honor too.

After hanging around for a while I legt and went to pick up Monse at her place. We had a drink at Tavern on Jane (unusual place for the neighborhood: a much older crowd and lots of heterosexual males - I liked it) and then dinner at Rio Mar. The tapas were OK, the restrooms a disgrace. The place was also very quiet, not a plus for me and although there were playing American Woman when we walked in, they had descended as low as Julio Iglesias when it was clearly time to go.

Cecilia is on line now. Gotta chat with her and then I am off to the the market.

Follow up: Cecilia is amazing. She in flying into town on Monday, arriving at 6 AM, she will be home by 8 AM and she has an appointment at 9.15 AM at what will be her eldest daughter's school. She plans on the kids starting school immediately. As for my Chistmas party on the 13th, she told me she could sent her husband with the kids to a hotel for that night. I don't want her to do that, I actually want her husband to be around and we can always send the girls to my room if things get for adults-only but just the fact that she thought about it is a welcome departure from people who shove their kids down your throat.

8:51 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives