WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, October 19, 2003  

Yesterday we had a little goodbye dinner party at home for Raul, who is leaving NYC next week. Francia, Pilar, Monse, Elena, Chema, Fabian, Johanny, Pascale, M.A. were all here (October 24th, NOTE: Nicolas too and I forgot to mention him. He's not pleased so here I am, making public amendments!). I am so sorry to see him going, sorry for me because I enjoy his company and sorry for him because nobody should ever have to leave this town.

The idea was to have a fews drink and some finger food and then go out. It never happened. I am clearly afflicted with the staying-at-home curse. Some people left early, some people stayed on, but by 4 AM everybody was gone. I enjoyed myselft greatly but still, this is the last time I have people over or that I go to somebody's house. It's just too risky and I won't chance another evening at home. Should people get in a hibernation mood I just might get back to my former routine of dance classes in the evening.

About the party ... M.A. made a couple of tortillas to supplement the cheese, the pate, the salmon and the works. We had some wine, some beer and we made mojitos. The second batch was better than the first and the third was better than the second. We had a couple of tiny tiny little bottles of absinth that we did not even finish. I am not sure whether we were breaking the law or not. Seems it's illegal to sell it in the US but not illegal to purchase it. It's very confusing. And totally not worthy.
I vaguely remembered that absinth is supposed to be drinked warmed up in a spoon or whatever, but because I could not recall the details I just chugged a couple of small shots down. No hallucinations to report, no special effects, no nothing except that I was ready to kill for a cigarette. I did actually take a drag from an exceptionally delicious tasting red Marlboro. I forgot to inhale though so it didn't really count. I did try to get another drag but M.A. wouldn't let me, which was pretty decent of him. The urge, as violent as it was, only lasted a few minutes and then everything went back to normal. It would have really really sucked to find myself smoking again after more than 12 years. Fortunately I did not feel the need to kill M.A. for that cigarette either so I am still a non smoker and he is still alive.

Today was Sunday, my regular a-day-thrown-outta-window day. I slept until 1 PM and then cleaned the house. The housekeeper is coming tomorrow but I could not stomach the idea of spending another night surrounded by a mess.
Melissa is grounded this weekend so I did not see her. I did manage to go to the office for a couple of hours to finish something and then Nicolas came over for a sec to pick up the low carb muffins in my freezer. Now I am debating whether to eat something or not. Plan is to get up early tomorrow and go to the gym before work. We shall see.

Oh, Haizam called me today from Madrid. He is doing fantastic, has a great new job that's perfect for him and he did his first freefall jump yesterday. He can't wait to do it again. I was so excited to hear from him and even more excited to hear that after a somewhat not perfect period he is doing so well now. He's such a sweetie.

Got a gazillion photos to upload and I haven't done the online store thing yet. It won't happen tonight.

9:13 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives