WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, October 24, 2003  

Wednesday I went out straight after work with Pilar and Nicolas. We had dinner at a nearby Blockhead and then stopped at a bar/restaurant I had never been to before (but will probably go again). A whole bunch of people was gathered around the bar, watching the game, screaming and hollering. Needless to say I dived straight into the crowd. Needless to say too, while I was waiting for our drinks at the bar Pilar found a little table as far away from the action as possible. Now, it's not that I don't want to have a conversation with my friends, it's that I truly enjoy having fellow human beings shouting around me and bumping into me. It's exciting, titillating. I like the energy in the air. I also like the occasional I smile at you, you smile back at me and the little chit chat with perfect strangers. I like strangers. Men, women, I don't care. I like talking to people I don't know. And to people I know. I like talking. Fortunately, I like listening too.
We left the bar around 1 A.M., I think, after having gossiped about virtually every poor soul that has ever crossed paths with us.

Yesterday I got home and fell asleep watching the news. How pathetic can I be? Good thing that M.A. rang me from downstairs on his way back from the gym and woke me up. Had he not done that I would probably have slept a couple more hours and then stayed up all night again. It's amazing how good I am at creating my own jet lag . Anyways ... being Thursday the bar scene was pretty animated. We started walking up 2nd avenue and jumped into the first tightly packed place we saw: a Mexican joint with pretty decent margaritas. Plenty of beautiful girls and plenty of hot guys in suits out on a happy hour. Enough to keep both of us entertained. Amazing how many good looking people are out there. After the margaritas we went for a shared tapa at the Divine's and as usual managed to keep a running conversation amid the crowd and the loud music. I was home a little after midnight, like a good girl.

Downloaded a few songs this morning. My favorite at this moment: My Bad by Rayvon.

2:43 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives