WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, October 26, 2003  

Slowly recovering here. Yesterday was a pretty full day. By the time I was getting up and was on the phone for my ritual Saturday-at-noon call to my mother, M.A. was calling from downstairs. It was a gorgeous day so we went to South Street Seaport, hung out there for a while, looked at every single gadget at Brookstone and then went for a delicious beer sampler at a brewery. We left at about 2.30 and I went to pick up Melissa and a friend of hers. They wanted to go to the movies to see either Scary Movie 3 or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We finally settled for Scary Movie 3, which I loved. The silliest movie ever but I was in stitches from beginning to end. It helped that I had seen or knew enough about all the flicks being spoofed. They loved it too. Melissa's friend seems more self-assured than her but she seems like a nice kid too. They are definitely teen-agers now, mainly into hair and boys. I dropped them home at about 6 and came back to my place in time to change for a night out. M.A. came a little later and started making margaritas while we waited for Nicolas. We then went to the same place we had been with Pilar on Wednesday to watch the Yankees game. Not that we get it at all. Well, Nicolas and I don't get it at all. M.A. seems to have some vague notions. I just look at the players. From the bar we went for dinner at the same Mexican place M.A. and I had been on Thursday night and then to good ol' Opal for some dancing. When we got there the place was almost empty but it quickly started filling up. Nicolas left earlier, though I don't recall exactly what time was it. We stayed on and danced and danced and danced some more. At a certain point an Asian guy attached himself to my backside and stayed there for a while. It felt like taking an aerobics class with a very demanding instructor. He would not let me go. He kept shouting things like "You go girl!" or "Gimme more energy" or inanities to that effect while he was going crazy behind me. Very tiring. It was time to leave the place. But we just couldn't call it a night so we tried the Turtle Bar Lounge and Grill where there seemed to be a lot of people. A couple of guys and one lady were in costume and a few people were beyond drunk. I was all danced out so I just sat down and watched. I think we were back home by 4 or so.
Today's Sunday, my do-nothing-day. Vivienne called and we caught up on each other's news on the phone for a while. We talked about our plans for Halloween (I have a party I want to attend, she will be going to a costume party at a friend of Ming's and we decided to maybe merge at a certain point in the evening) and her anniversary party coming up in a couple of weeks. It's a year already. Unbelievable!
I really want to get Panther, Apple's new OS, but I can't see myself going anywhere today.

3:55 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives