WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, September 15, 2003  

It's eery how similar two people can be. Nicolas and I are like conjointed twins separated at birth. Any casual conversation ends up with us discovering yet another issue were we are in total agreement. We are constantly finding new common grounds. And given that our point of views are not exactly popular among our peers, the mere fact that we agree is amazing.
Today it was the circus and Oriana Fallaci. We both hate the former and love the latter and for the same reasons. The circus to us is seedy, squallid, sad. It attracts all kinds of dysfunctional freaks. Freaks in the arena, freaks on the bleachers.
And we are sick of people ramming Cirque du soleil down our throat. That one might not be seedy but it sure is damn boring
As for Oriana Fallaci's piece following September 11th attack, we think it was just brilliant, right from the gut, refreshenly political incorrect.
Yeah, yeah, I know that every human life is equally important, and I really believe it. What I don't believe is people who tell me that the death of a child of their own would hurt them as bad as the death of an unknown infant in Africa. That's just bullshit.
Nobody could live if they really felt the pain of every body else.
So I find it totally natural and honest to admit that, while I think any violent untimely death it's a tragedy, when it happens 20 blocks from home it tends to be more real to me. I tend to feel it more. Now shoot me.
And when Berlusconi came out with his abrupt comments I thought there were probably not the most diplomatic remarks but I also thought he was, to a certain extent, right.
And I hated Dario Fo and his stupid demagoguery.
Oh, we both dislike jazz too.

No jog today. Too tired. I wil try to sleep a little earlier and go tomorrow early morning!

Something else for my wish list. I love this gadget.

Gotta sleep, gotta sleep, gotta sleep.

9:59 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives