WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, August 02, 2003  

Yesterday after work Pilar, M.A., Francia and I went to the Divine Bar, then the Mica Bar and finally Nessa. Way too mellow for me. It's summertime in NYC, everybody seems to be somewhere else. The bars are empty, except for the Opal and its usual line to get in, but then Pilar and Francia do not like crowded places. I do not like empty places. M.A. doesn't care one way or the other. I was not hungry, I did not feel like drinking - not that I did not end up getting plenty done. Empty bars are not conducive to dancing and after a while I was not even in the mood for it. At the Mica I looked around and looked around to see if there was anybody I could latch onto but all I could see were a few tourists in shorts and baseball caps. Not a soul that looked interesting to me. At the Divine Bar I even saw a child. I should have known it then that it was not going to be my kind of evening. At Nessa there was hardly anybody. Not a big deal as the patrons at that bar are usually barely alive, but still ...
I should have left when I started getting seriously bored and saved everybody the sight of my brooding face. I hate it when I get bored and I hate who I become when I get bored. It's probably time to lay low for a while and wait the summer out. Maybe I should start getting to the gym in the evening. At least I could take the hip-hop classes. I could also go back to taking classes at the Broadway Dance Center. In any case, I need a change.

Today's Saturday and after calling my mother I will make some plans with Melissa. Tonight I definetely want to stay home, order food in, watch TV.

12:16 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives