WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, August 25, 2003  

God, I love this city! Yesterday was a gorgeous and busy day. Unfortunately the kind of crispy beautiful weather that I now associate with 9/11. It is a lousy association, I know, but it's pretty vivid.
I woke up on Sunday after just an hour and a half of sleep, courtesy of the can of Coke I had on Saturday night, and eventually dragged myself to the office. I did not stay long but the few hours I was there were very productive so it was OK when, at around 2.15 PM I left with Pilar - who was working too - to go meet M.A. on Broadway and Canal and find a Dim Sum place in Chinatown. Bummer was that by the time we found one it was too late and we could only eat a few dishes before being told it was over and our only option was to order from the menu. That pissed me off and totally ruined my appetite.
After lunch we walked a bit around SoHo and then cabbied up to Central Park. The Sheep Meadow was packed, hundreds of people playing frisbee, a very strange guy doing his own revved up version of tai chi and a funny unpolished routine with a glistening sword, a couple of extremely non athletic girls with huge breasts and no bra trying to catch a ball, the usual.
At about 7 PM we went to the Boathouse bar for a drink and stayed there until probably 9. At the beginning we were standing by the bar but then we found a table by a tree (and a few mice running around) and later on another table by the lake. We just hung out there, enjoying the beautiful place, the boats, the bogus gondoliers, the people and going on and on about how magnificent NYC is and how thrilling it is to live here. Curiously, for such a large city, I recognized the black guy who recently had his hands all over me at the Red Lion downtown. What were the chances? There was also a gorgeous woman, on the not so young anymore side, with the most striking eyes and eye make-up. She left before I could take a picture of her though.
By 9 Pilar and I were getting hungry. On our way out of the Park we bumped into a small group of Haitians playing drums and having their own little party. They were not a sophisticated bunch, actually they were downright seedy, but they were having fun and I could not resist and had to dance a bit with one of them, a black tall thin fellow called Cliff. After my daily grinding session we finally exited the Park and went to this Greek place on 9th Avenue for some delicious finger food. I was home by midnight, just like Cinderella. Unfortunately I kicked my iBook off the bed in the middle of the night and killed the CD tray. Will have to take care of that later.

6:37 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives