WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, July 27, 2003  

It's Sunday but I didn't remember it when I woke up this morning. I thought it might be Monday and I needed to be at the gym at 6:30 AM and I had forgotten to charge my iPod's battery and then I needed to go to work and I was stressing out. So much tension and I wasn't even fully awake! Well ... Friday evening M.A., Miguel and I went to Pilar's and stayed and stayed and stayed until about 7:30 AM. Actually Miguel left a little earlier. And Monse wasn't there because she has left for a week-long yoga retreat at the Catskills. It was a mellow yet very enjoyable night and I am still amazed at our own capacity for non-stop conversation. I thought M.A. and I were the die-hards but Pilar is proving to be just as bad, or just as good, depending on your standpoint. Before dinner, while M.A. was preparing the food in the kitchen, I was doing Pilar's make-up. She hardly ever wears anything but eye-liner so it was fun to play around with other products. I still think I should have gone with a darker eyeshadow. Late into the night I dozed off on the couch for a while and when I woke up I was ready to hit some after-hours club for a little dancing. It never happened, of course.
Finally we decided to go home. M.A. and I walked a few blocks with the blender that is now as part of me as my head and then I got into a cab. Unfortunately the doorman on duty was the same as on Wednesday morning and he had the same little sardonic smile plastered on his face. I think the guy is not aware of the risks he is taking. If I come home in the early morning again I will have to kill him to save my reputation.
Saturday I picked up Melissa to take her to the movies. We went to the Kips Bay theaters and watched Charlie's Angels. I managed to sleep through a portion of it, through the blasting music, but what I saw of it I loved. I was impressed with the stilettos the Angels were wearing as well as with the constantly changing hair-dos and make-up. I was less impressed with Demi Moore's body, which I find a little too masculine, fake boobs notwithstanding. She has no hips and no waist. And her face is too thin now. Mind you, this is an actress I used to find drop dead gorgeous.
Saturday night was nothing to write home about. I called in for some Japanese food, watched America's Most Wanted and fell asleep.
I have to get ready now. I will be meeting Pilar and two other girls (well, women) in a couple of hours. We are going to the airport to pick up Marita.

9:25 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives