WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, July 07, 2003  

I am having a wildly nostalgic early morning after reading, as I religiously do every day, Beppe Severgnini's column in the on-line Corriere della Sera. Today, a published letter about the best songs of the 70's sent me straight to the net for any piece of nostalgia. Oh, the lyrics to Lucio Battisti's songs! Mina, Francesco de Gregori, Guccini, De Andre ... I am reading them out loud, singing them in my head, just to capture the sound of the words in Italian. I can almost smell the smells of my adolescence. A few more minutes of this and I will be in tears and ready to hop on a plane. Such is the power of memory lane.

6:34 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives