WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, June 11, 2003  

They got there too late. The set was being dismantled.

This night at about 11 PM we went to Beige with Bob. We almost did not get in. The bouncer took a look at me (OK, OK, I had overdone it - I forgot this was the Lower East Side and I was sporting my Charles Jourdan heels and my pashmina) and said it was a gay night and they were trying to get mostly men in (as opposed to matrons, I guess). I told him I might be a lesbian and Virginia might be my partner but he said his gaymeter was not picking up any signals. It took some pleading but eventually Bob got us in. First we had a couple of drinks (I sent back a strawberry martini because of lack of alcohol in it - the waitress tried to trick me into thinking it did in fact have alcohol but in the end she had to apologize profusely and bring me another batch) and dinner and then we moved over to the patio and the humongous crowd. Gay men packed everywhere. So packed you could not move. Inside music was playing but nobody was dancing. The place is OK, a little on the boring side for my taste. If this is "the" place to be on Tuesdays, I am really glad it's Wednesday now.

3:14 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives