WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, June 12, 2003  

I wonder why I woke up at 6.30 AM when I fell asleep at 3 AM ...
Yesterday M.A. and I went to , a little bar on Crosby St. where they play and dance flamenco on Wednesdays. From � we went to the Zinc bar. I was not interested in paying to listen to jazz music since I don't like jazz music but the guy at the door told us we could go to the back room at no charge. The back room is gorgeus, cavernous and candlelit, complete with a big fat cat napping on a seat.
Unfortunately there was just the two of us there, joined once by a waitress sneaking a puff away from her boss. Maybe I should rephrase this last sentence: it was not unfortunate that we were alone in the room as this does not really seem to have any impact on our ongoing conversation - crowded places, empty places, we gab non stop just about everywhere - but I do prefer to have people around, even if just as background noise and peripheral vision movement. We stayed for a while and eventually emerged on Houston again, went next door and peaked in at Madame X but the place was empty.
By then Virginia and Sergio were finished with their Broadway show (they went to see La Boheme) and met us at the Morgans'. I liked the music and got to chat a bit with the DJ and to exchange e-mail addresses and URLs. She wanted me on her mailing list, I wanted her to check out my blog.

We got back home at about 2 AM, after a stop at a deli to get food. So what can a true addict do at 2 AM after a round of bars? Pop in a Sex and the City dvd and fall asleep listening to Miranda complaining about her pregnancy.

Today there's a gallery opening downtown but I might not go. I might stay home and veg out. The next few days are going to be busy: tomorrow it's dancing at Splash, Saturday I might have a dinner party at home and Sunday I am going to a party at Pascale's.

7:49 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives