WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, June 07, 2003  

Here we are after yet another night on the town. In a few minutes Debra will be here and the troops will start reassembling for our Saturday night plan: the world renowed party at Bob's. I somehow managed to look half human again. No praise is ever too much for make-up and spray-on highlights.
Yesterday was fun. There was a bunch of us, all very different people, so the group kept getting smaller and smaller as the evening progressed.
Something like 10 of us started with a drink at the Delegate's Lounge at the office. About seven of us moved on to the Sutton Bar. The terrace was full and we had to wait until our number was called. Differences in style and tastes were becoming evident by then: most people wanted to stay in the quite back room, M.A. and Virginia and I wanted to go for the "bain de foule" in the main upstairs room , where the music was blasting and the crowd was compact.
We sort of split until we could go another flight up to the terrace. It was great up there, with some air for the nature inclined and lots of noise and people for the rest of us.
From the Sutton Bar we went to the Divine bar (and lost Nicolas and Francia on the way) for some tapas and wine flights and from the Divine bar we headed to Opal's for some dancing (having lost Pilar in the meantime). Our plan included a late stop at Don't Tell Mama but we never made it there. On our way we lost Montse and the remaining of us walked a few blocks and then stopped and sat (well, some of us preferred to lay down) around this fountain on forthysomething and Park Ave. and just stayed and stayed and stayed, chatting and taking upside down pictures of our sourroundings. It was clear by then that the night was over. We hopped on a cab and came home, dropping M.A. along the way. Once at home Sergio went out again pizza hunting but came back empty handed. It was already past 3 AM and obviously no pizza place was open.
Bea called this morning. She's in town for a week. We might go to see a Broadway show on Monday or Tuesday evening.

Thought: a lot of people are aware of my blogging now and am I not sure I am comfortable with the idea. It's one thing to have perfect strangers take a peek at your life and it's an altogether different one to know that the people you interact with on a daily basis are reading all about you. As soon as you know you are going to be read, you start censoring yourself, both out of self-preservation and of not wanting to hurt anybody's feelings. In a way, you are covering your ass. You are also defeating the whole purpose of blogging. I do not want to limit my blog to a glorified calendar and in order to do so I have to first stop giving my blog address to whoever asks. This is not easy. To be perfectly honest, here again the motives are not clear cut: I can't say no because I like and want to be read and I can't say no because I do not want to be rude. Actually, I did say no once, to an older man at the office, I told him it was a private blog and he let it go at that. Maybe I should start a parallel blog, anonymous this time, and post it somewhere else.

Around 3 AM on Park Ave.: Virginia and Sergio smile for the camera, I'd rather die than have a picture taken, so I swiftly pulled my coat over my head. M.A. ducked in. The picture was taken by Debra in a particularly sadistic moment.

5:48 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives