WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, June 28, 2003  

Got my moblog now over at textamerica!
The magic of my new Nokia has already produced a miracle. I found myself in the elevator playing with my new toy when this neighbor of mine, who has never spoken a word to me, couldn't help but ask about it. We chatted all the way through the door to the building and met again at the corner, waiting for the light to turn green to cross the street. And there it was, a guy on a Segway! I've already seen 3 different Segways in the neighborhood in the last few days. I want one!!! My neighbour too, we were in awe, asking all sort of questions, most of wich I knew the answers to (like where to buy one of them) but it felt good just to talk about this little wonder. I challenged him to see who of us will get one first but he said his wife just had a baby and he has other priorities. Well, I have no baby and I am a gadget freak so ... what about getting a really nice Xmas present?
Side note: they were two guys getting pedicures and manicures today, accompanied by their significant others. It felt a little weird. Like an invasion of private girlie space, yet I do like well groomed men. I just wish they had their own places to get themselves done, preferably somewhere where I could not see them. Personally, I like watching a man shave and that's about it. No gurgling, no spitting, no toenail cutting, thank you.
One of the guys was getting his first manicure and the girl who had coaxed him there was his fiancee. The other guy was there with his wife getting a pedicure for their 5th anniversary. Is this a new NYC trend?

6:55 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives