WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, June 08, 2003  

Bob's party was an enjoyable affair, as usual. At any given moment we were probably 25+ there, with an altogether attendance of 30 to 40 guests.
Bob was vintage Bob. At a certain point he did not see Virginia was just behind him and started making comments to Sergio about how hot he is. Virginia laughed it off and from there on Bob was just all over Sergio.
He was telling me today that he got cornered in the kitchen by Bob asking him is he's gay. When he said no Bob turned to Melanie and shouted "I told you so" to her. But then he asked Sergio if he was with the dark haired bombshell. He said yes and Bob turned to Melanie again and told her to forget it, that she could not possibly compete against Virginia. Melanie should be kept on a suicidal watch today.
Eddie cooked up a storm, delicious gourmet asian dishes. When he was not cooking he was cleaning the kitchen. Poor man, and it was his birthday party too! Not only can he cook, he also has the biceps to look good stirring a casserole. And he is the sweetest. But gay, of course.
Michele Maher, the writer/producer/director of the movie Garmento was there too, showing the padded men's underwear from the movie.
I did not get to talk to her but I did admire her magnificently cut chin lenght, chunky hairlighted hair. I wanna! I wanna!
I got to talk to Jennifer, a girl I think I have met previously. She told me she has just moved into my neighbourhood from the East Village and that she was looking for people to go out and explore 2nd Ave. Everything went smoothly until I ruined it when we where talking with her and Sergio about formal education and the subject of MBAs came up. I just had to say MBAs are useless. It so happens that she has an MBA, of course. Not happy with my first jab, I went on to remark that she is an employee, which proved my point that MBAs are good to produce employees, not entrepreneurs. I am afraid my stance could have been constructed as me telling her she's a loser, which was not my intention at all. I actually like the girl.
I also got to talk a bit to Caroline, but I was not in a patient mood yesterday so I dropped her fast.
I spent time with Randy and Vivienne, and keep confirming my idea that marriage changed Vivienne in the best of ways. She seems so genuily happy and content. She should be, he is a great guy. I told Randy I really like his art (he is a painter), which happens to be true. Vivienne is now creating earrings.
I met Sandra's son, and his boyfriend. The son is eerily femenine and the boyfriend is full of crap. Good looking crap but crap nonetheless. He's very young and into politics. Very full of himself. Somebody told him where I worked and he said that I should pray for him not to be elected President because we would cut all the funds and get the U.N. to shut down. I reminded him we have been doing fine without much U.S. dollars for a while now. Then he said something about getting to be councilman in five or six years and Debra and just went "big fucking deal" in our minds. He's also the kind of ass that will make remarks like "It's hard to not get bumped by people here when you are very broadshouldered". Why do politics attract this kind of jerks?
There was this guy from Boston, originally from Luxembourg. He is an artist. I know a scrapbook of his was circulating and I know he has received great critiques but for the life of me I can't remember what exactly does he do.
There were lots of other people too, some I know, some I do not and had not a chance to talk to. There was this Asian doctor with his generic blond fiancee (well, he admitted she's not a real blond, like we did not know) and the other birthday girl (she seemed nice enough in her very artsy-Paris-existentialist way but not my kind of person at all). There were also several weird looking gay boys and a few fundamental Christians. Go figure the mix.
At the end of the meeting Bob gave us his standard rendition of some Phantom of the Opera tunes, Jane played the piano and then another guy, whose name I can't remember but who seemed very nice, sang too. I audioblogged the singings and the Happy Birthday chorus, but it all got lost in cyberspace.

Blogger.com is down. This post will have to wait.

3:41 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives