WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, May 16, 2003  

Mario has been a little down for the last few days so I invited him over for dinner. Then Blanca, my new colleague, mentioned something about going out for a drink and I invited her over for dinner. Then I talked to Debra, who gets physical therapy just around the corner from my place, and I invited her over for dinner too. A dinner party on a Thursday night seems like the perfect thing to do: my cleaning lady comes on Fridays. I left work a little over 6 PM and rushed to the Amish Market to buy the ingredients and then to a liquor store to get some wine.
We had rice cakes sauteed in soy sauce and hot peanut oil and wrapped in seaweed sheets, endives with tofu salmon spread and caviar, lemon sole filets with cajun spices and a mesclum, arugula and tomato salad. Wine was a couple of bottles of Sangre de Toro and some excellent Chilean wine Debra brought. Problem is I forgot about dessert. Fortunately there was some leftover fruit salad that Pam had made. Not bad for an impromptu dinner. But that Sangre de Toro sure is strong ...

7:59 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives