WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, May 31, 2003  

It was Staff Day yesterday and I tried to audioblog part of it. Forget it. It was too loud for me to hear the prompts. Just as it happened at Splash. I was home by 11 PM and now, after a funny call from JP from the boxes at Monte Carlo's Grand Prix - impossible to have a conversation with the loud noise of the cars in the background but good to hear the fun in his voice, he's enjoying every minute of it - I have to get ready to go pick up Pilar at the airport. She is coming back today. Having her back is wonderful but realizing that she has been gone for a year and a half and that that's all it took for her life to change in such a horrible way makes her coming back bittersweet.
Yesterday I had lunch with Blanca, who is heading back to Europe today. The other Blanca is flying back to London today. And Miguel Angel is arriving from Spain. Guess the airports could stay in business just with the people I know.
Yesterday Blanca, referring to her recent relocation, said something about needing to be in a place and being aware you are in that place, instead of always thinking about all the other places who could be at instead. The reasoning spoke to me as I realized this is the very first time in my life I don't want to be somewhere else. I've lived in several countries and it's not like I have not enjoyed myself, but I certainly was aware that I was not going to stay and that, for that matter, I wouldn't have wanted to stay anyways. And now I do not have that feeling anymore. I want to travel, sure, but mostly I want to stay. Guess I am home, finally. Gotta go.

By the way, I am not liking James Frey's book that much. His little macho attitude, though attractive at some very primitive level, is pretty tiring after a while and I only read one third of the book so far. And his writing style is tiring too. Great for an essay, way to gimmicky for a book.

11:28 AM
Comments:
My friend and I were recently discussing about technology, and how integrated it has become to our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.leetboss.com/video-games/r4i-r4-sdhc-nintendo-ds]R4i[/url] DS NetServ)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives