WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, May 08, 2003  

I got my AirPort card! A trip to the Apple Store and I came back with the card - which I already installed - and a SmartDisk universal card reader - which I have already used to transfer pictures from my Compact Flash card to my iMac. This is the third, yup, third card reader I buy but one was for the wrong type of card and the other one I can't find. Problem is I want to get rid of OS 9 on my iBook but I need to be able transfer pictures from the digital camera to the iBook and OS X won't recognize 64 MB cards, so I absolutely had to buy this new gizmo. After the shopping spree I got this phone call from JP. I told him what I had bought, he made a comment about how necessary it was for me to get a wireless card, given that I have Internet connection at work and DSL at home. It is not necessary, of course, it's just that I was starting to feel completely left out from this WiFi trend. I can't wait to go to a hotspot tomorrow and try it out! Anyways, JP second comment was vintage JP. He asked me if having this card made me happy. I said yes. He said good. Can't help but love a man like that.
After the Apple store Pam and I had dinner at TeaNY. Moby arrived a little later and by the time we left he had been playing scrabble with a bunch of friends for quite a while. Now, I really don't care for his music, but his food is excellent. The place is tiny and the patrons are either weird looking (there was this guy today in full make-up, with deep deep red lipstick and an extravagant black outfit - mind you, he was not in drag, he was dressed as a man, sort of, with a big hat on top of his head and he was enjoying the company of a pretty redhead) or Japanese (I suspect it must be on some Japanese tourist guide for girls), but the sandwiches, the spread and the cakes are delicious. We had a vegan cheesecake today and it was so good I asked wether it was possible to buy the whole cake.
Time to get to bed and read Wired magazine.
On the flip side, Pam lost her wallet in a cab, but she just came back with hysterical stories about comparing coats with a policewoman at the precinct. You can always count on women to gab about clothing in the most unlikely situations.

12:30 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives