WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, May 01, 2003  

I can�t believe I am falling for The Bachelor show. I am getting stupider by the minute ...

Today we had not one but two get-togethers at the office. One was a baby shower for a girl who�s so pregnant I was afraid she was going to give birth right then and there. Actually she looks so fantastic she should consider being permanently pregnant.
The second one was much smaller, just a goodbye toast for a lady who has been promoted and is relocating to Europe.
After the drink and the goodbyes I stayed over to talk to one of my colleagues. I am so used to not sharing my coworkers� interests (and this is a deliberate understatement - most of the time we might as well come from different planets) that I was stunned to find out he too has a passion for true crime. We somehow started talking about on line friendships and went on to the true-crime forum on Compuserve back in the good ol� days. I was amazed to learn that he unfailingly followed, as I did, the OJ trial but while I was completely satisfied with checking out Nicole�s house in Brentwood and the Mezza Luna restaurant (something I did in the middle of the night � I was staying with friends in Laguna Beach, CA, and the very moment one of them, Eduardo � the one that considered this obsession with the murders utterly ridiculous - left on a trip, Benji and I hopped on the car and rushed to L.A. to make the rounds) he got to work with OJ's defense lawyer at the civil trial. He met him on the forum and eventually was invited to Santa Monica to watch OJ�s deposition. I asked him if he had met my idol, Dominick Dunne, but he had not. Me might go out for a drink on Friday after work and I am not anticipating one single boring moment.

I am trying to write this while glued to the television watching Extreme Makeover . It is truly mesmerizing.
Tomorrow I am going for a make-up session with Jeanine Lobell, wife of Anthony Edwards of E.R.�s fame but, more to the point, Stila�s founder. If she makes me look stunning I might stay out and prowl the bars.

12:28 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives