WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, May 23, 2003  

Back from a housewarming party. It was OK but then one of the most boring people on earth showed up and I just had to leave. I know, I know, she is a good person, there's nothing wrong with her and I certainly have nothing against her, except that I probably have more in common with a Japanese sumo wrestler or even an African mother of eight. It' s amazing how little you can have in common with another human being, beside the basic human "beingness". I have yet to find one subject matter where we could vaguely come to an agreement. She says white and my body screams black. She says black and all I can see is white. That's just the way it is. Given that it's really about incompatibility and that the dislike is mutual, I think it is best for me to just get out of the way.
I am sort of tired, but I need to say something about yesterday ...
I especially liked one of the doctors - a short guy who probably had the worst case of juvenile acne ever, with an easy smile and a sweet personality. I liked the fact that he was not a bullshitter, and that he admitted that sometimes there is nothing you can do short of being born again. He will definitely see me at his practice now that I am shopping for a dermatologist.
The other doctor was striking, very tall, thin, dark with deep set blue eyes. Way too handsome for comfort, or so I thought at the beginning. He was also very cocky, and God knows I fall for cockiness. I was sitting there, first row, so I was just a step away from him. It took me a while but I managed to force myself into thinking he was not that hot after all and it worked. Suddenly I could listen to what he said without all sort of impure thoughts crowding my mind. Nah, actually, this is not totally true, he is indeed striking, and friendly, and cocky, but somehow I did not find him particularly attractive. A little shallow, a little too self-assured. Go figure.
As for the image consultant, the problem was that I did not like her image: fishnet stockings, very high heels shoes, red skirt, black iridescent top and short black jacket. The clothing looked quite cheap to me, the sort of thing you can find at H&M. I did not like her hair (in all fairness, yesterday was one of those universal bad hair days - mine was certainly not at its best either) and I really hated her lipstick. Also, she did not smile enough for me. I have to confess she won my heart later on when she recognized that a smile is the most important thing and that unfortunately she is not the type of person who can smile constantly. Too bad. I like people who smile a lot.
The hair stylist was going through a horrifying bad hair day and had his long long hair tied back in a half ponytail. It looked greasy to me but again, nobody had decent hair yesterday. On the other hand, he seemed like a very nice, approachable guy and when I got a chance to talk to him after the session I really liked his suggestions to me, especially because where everybody wants me to go lighter, he said I should go darker at at the ends and a little lighter on top. At least he understood my bizarre hair color and said I have the kind of hair that, when left longer, goes "beach blonde". He also thought I should keep my hair off my face.
The seminar consisted of the four of them explaining what they do, then choosing two people from the audience and going through them from head to toe. Very interesting. All of them seemed to know their stuff. I changed my mind about the image consultant when I got to chat with her for a minute or so after the seminar. I might have not liked her style, but she seemed to know how to help others get the style they are after. I will probably use her services in the near future.
Gotta sleep now. More details to come.

2:11 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives