WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, April 27, 2003  

Very busy day ... again. This morning, when I was getting ready to get in the shower, Daniel's wife Beatriz called. They were in Central Park with the kids where Daniel was running for lung cancer. They came over a few minutes later, we spent some time at home and then they drove me downtown to pickup Melissa.
I spent the afternoon with Melissa, Mario and M. and her baby son. M. is a friend of Mario, a girl who lost her husband to a brutal murder a year ago, while she was pregnant. The case was all over the news and it had to be an extremely traumatic experience. Still, she is a very bright and sweet girl, a Buddhist with a very special outlook on life. The plan was to spend a quiet afternoon at the Botanic Garden in Brooklyn. Our plan crashed with reality: about a million people had our same idea. The afternoon was mostly about standing in line: standing in line to get in, standing in line to look at plants, standing in line to get food, standing in line to get to use the restroom. It was so crowded because it was a lovely day and, also, because it was the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival . We didn't get to see anything but the Butoh performance. I took some pictures that I will upload shortly.
After the performance we went straight back into the city, to M.'s apartment. There I took more pictures because she happens to be Bob Dylan's neighbour. After a while I took Melissa home and then went back to M.'s house for dinner, on her terrace overlooking a private park in the Village.
Now I am home, not having read a bunch of documents I had to read, which means I will need to get up early tomorrow. I also need to go get some stuff before my 10.30 am meeting, followed by a 11.00 am meeting.
So anything deeper than this short review of my day will have to wait. I am too worn out now.
Tomorrow evening I am having dinner with Debra, freshly back from her trip to Chile. Can't wait to hear about it.

11:52 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives