WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, April 21, 2003  

Spring is finally here. Pedro and I had brunch at BB King. I've been there before and I love it. Not so much the food (cholesterol drenched Southern dishes - everything is fried) but the gospel ministry is wonderful. The place was packed, as usual, and we were sharing the table with a May-December couple. She was a pretty redhead in her thirties and he was a handsome guy in his seventies. She was all over him, grasping his hand, moving her hand all up his shirt sleeve, looking him lovingly in the eye, dancing and clapping. He just smiled sweetly. I checked, they were married, and to each other - both had the same silver ring on their left hand.
Before brunch we strolled by 5th Ave. to check out the Easter bonnet parade. I took some pictures and will upload them shortly.
After brunch we walked up to the Park and then through it to the Museum of Natural History. From the Museum we crossed the Park again and I left him at the Metropolitan. By then I had walked enough and, having had a bottle of water, I needed a bathroom so bad that I quickly hopped on cab and came back home.
We now had dinner and I am ready to apply some fake-tan lotion and get to bed. Pedro is very nice but he talks my ears off and sometimes I find myself yearning for some quiet time. It's amazing how much you get used to the quiet times when you live alone. And this is coming from me, a people lover. Fortunately when I live with my husband we had a perfect quiet/interactive time ratio and I never feel like he is invading me. We can manage the perfect silence of old couples. Not the tense I-hate-your-guts silence, but the comfortable I-am-her-for-you silence. Oh, well ...
Debra called today from Chile. It's being raining constantly and she is now on her way to Torres del Paine.

12:38 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives