WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, April 12, 2003  

I had a late late lunch with Melissa today at Moby's place, called TeaNY. The turkey sandwich (fake turkey, veggie mayo, tempeh) was absolutely delicious. So was the vegan peanut chocolate cake. And the mango lemonade was just perfect. I'll try to reproduce the sandwich tomorrow at home. It was such a beautiful day that we went straight to Broadway for a stroll that, inevitably, ended with me getting make-up at Sephora and bizarre accesories like fake piercings at Ricky's. I also bought, and applied, red hairspray for Melissa. I am now waiting to hear from her mother.
Tomorrow I might finally go to my first yoga class. Well, I did take one lousy class about 10 years ago at a fitness convention but I wasn't too impressed then. Too slow, too lets-hug-a-tree for me. Fortunately they have over 15 different yogas at my health club and I am hoping there will be one that will suit me. There better be. I am now the only yoga virgin in all of NYC, and it is getting to be quite a burden.
Re. my night at Splash on Thursday, boy, I love that place! It is not my music at all, all that thumpy electronica that's hot in Europe and with the pretty boys here. I'd much rather dance to r&b and hip-hop. But the crowd is so friendly I keep going back. There is always some guy that welcomes me with a huge smile and a "You're going to have fun, girl". The place is packed with nice taut bodies and more than a few good dancers and they don't mind grinding with a girl. They hug you and kiss you and introduce themselves and their boyfriends. Even the stunningly perfect bartenders are friendly. I just love the place.
It was Gemma's goodbye evening out. I hardly had a chance to get to know her. She came highly recommended by M.A. but I was away in Uruguay most of the time she was here. She is quite hyper, energetic and warm. Seems she will be back in August. Given that M.A. will be here then too I assume I will get little or no sleep this summer.
A bunch of people from work was there for her next-to-last evening in NY. Except for one, Luis, the rest are all new and quite younger. There were also some friends of friends. We started at The View bar in Chelsea and after a couple of apple martinis we moved to a BBQ place a few blocks away. Surprisingly, they were several vegetarian choices. I had vegetable tempura and a huge strawberry margarita. It was after dinner that we went to Splash were I stuck to water and lots of dancing.

11:04 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives