WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, April 15, 2003  

Back from dinner. The restaurant was wonderful (Thai cuisine, the place is called Tangerine on 10th street in the West Village). I liked the place and I liked my mango salad and my prawn curry. Ming was there (after hearing me he decided we absolutely must go to Splash together, not to mention the circuit gay parties), Ariane was there (she is now ingaged to Scott, the medical student 15 years or more her junior whom I met at Pascale's almost two years ago - a truly great guy), Katarina (Vivienne's Russian friend whom I met at the Metropolitan Museum a couple of weeks ago - she wants to join us for Splash), Vivian and Randy and Pascale and Johanny. The food was very good, as well as the 5 mojitos I downed.
Pedro (a friend of JP's) called. He is in NYC now with the a bunch of graduate students from the School of Architecture in Montevideo. He will come and stay with me for a week, starting tomorrow.
The cab driver who took me to Tangerine gave me a typical NY experience. He was from Afghanistan, one of 9 siblings, two killed in the war with the Soviet Union. On our way to the restaurant he asked me if he could stop for coffee at his favorite joint. I agreed, of course. We had a very interesting conversation about his family, war and God.
It'a past midnight now, I gotta go back to my true-crime book and Monica will be calling me from Rome, Italy in a few hours, at 5:30 am.

11:49 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives