WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, March 01, 2003  

Time to finally resume my blog. I am now in bed, at the hotel. JP slept magnificently till 5 AM and from then on a little less magnificently. His back hurts because he has blood pooled in his left lung, but it should go away soon. Yesterday we both had a great massage with this girl that my friend Liliana recommended. JP had had a couple of sessions at the hospital with another girl, recommended by another friend, but he found her too mellow. Charo, the one we had yesterday, has powerful hands and her massage combines different techniques, including reiki, aromatherapy and chiropractics. After the massage we went out for dinner with his mom and sister at a restaurant a few blocks away. Today we all, plus my sister and brother-in-law, should have lunch at my mother's.
JP had a check-up with his cardiologist yesterday. Everything is great now and he has bounced back extremely fast. The doctor is confident that in a few years there will be a new treatment/technique/drug out to "restore" arteries. Basically we have to hang in there until the researchers do their job.
I had an interesting conversation with Gerardo, JP's friend Aldo's brother-in-law and a surgeon, the day before we left the hospital. The first thing out of his mouth was "You should always doubt doctors". My feelings exactly. He was the first one to acknowledge that JP's awareness under anesthesia was not only possible but relatevely common. He is very warm, caring man and he helped me calm down a lot. I think I hugged him twice.
On a side note: for some reason JP's puffy eyes have completely disappeared after surgery. He looks 10 years younger and he looks yummy.
OK, now he got up and it's time to get going.
Either today or tomorrow I will make the "other blog" public by eliminating the password requirement. I also want to slowly start posting details of the day of the surgery and the days immediately after before I forget them.

8:38 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives