WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, March 06, 2003  

JP's mom and sister are leaving tonight, if they can board the plane. They travel on a stand-by basis and the flights have been full so far. Still, tomorrow's Valentina's 18th birthday and they have to be back home.
So the restaurants suck and the bars ain't much better. You can have wine or whisky and forget about cocktails, they either don't offer them or they are the lousiest concoctions ever. Even worse, you have to drink by yourself, surrounded by empty space, as there is a clear lack of customers.
There's this health club just across the street and I haven't been there once yet. I haven't turned on my iPod once either. And I have bit off my nails. This place is truly bad for me.
Being in Montevideo also offers me the chance to personally visit my mother. Certainly an opportunity I can't refuse. I've tried it t about three times. True to her nature she talks non stop about herself and her pains and aches, not to be rivalled by anybody elses. Right after JP's surgery, as sensitive as ever, she launched one of her favorite speeches about the horrors of widowhood. I have yet to talk to her shrink but I am inclined to think it will be a monumental waste of time.
Also, being here and talking to people I can't help but realize how ethics and morals are a very relative concept. People, and not just faceless people, actual friends, live by extremely flexible rules, Things that I consider wrong or at least a bit shady are seen as run-of-the-mill donw here. Everything is resolved placing a call here and there. Going out with some guy because of his money is just another matching of interests.
And yes, I might be getting PMS, so shut up.

9:07 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives