WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, March 21, 2003  

I�ve just went through a minute of thinking. Such a rare event it took me a while to recognize what that fullness in my head really was.
My reasoning went like this: granted that NYC is a dangerous place to be at the moment (well, less dangerous than Baghdad, I suppose), but then again so is Buenos Aires. I could get gassed in NYC but I could be kidnapped in Buenos Aires. Similarly, JP is doing OK now but he is not entirely out of the woods. But who is anyway? He might have 7 or 10 good years ahead of him, he might have 30, he might be killed in a car crash tomorrow. Same goes for me and everybody else. I was trying to remember a time where I was not worried about the big bad wolf out there. Usually people think of their childhood as the careless, free period of their lives. I don�t, to me it was the worst. I acted more as an adult then than now, if you define an adult as a boring, fearful, prudent individual. I was way less playful, I had no control over my life and I hated it. Luckily, my life has gotten progressively cheerful. Not necessarily easier but certainly more joyful. Now whatever I have is my doing and I now that I do have control over pretty much all of my life, and it sure is a much better place to be.
All this impressive mindwork lead me to one conclusion which, curiously, also happens to be my favorite motto: enjoy it while you have it.
And I hope you will enjoy this introspective posting because there ain�t going to be many of them.

On the war front, Forbes has come out with a list of the best war blogs. A very interesting read.

2:24 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives