WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, March 26, 2003  

I got myself into this confrontational e-mail exchange with the wife of a friend of JP's. She sends me anti-war pamphlets written by Galeano or supposedly written by Garc�a M�rquez (if you get the infamous "Letter to Bush", don't sweat it's a hoax), I send her articles by Oriana Fallaci. But if the truth is to be said, I am not sure where I stand on the war issue. I am certainly not a Bush fan and he has failed to convince me regarding the terrorist link. Worst of all, I don't have much faith in his capacity as a leader and I am still waiting for him to get Bin Laden. If he is as successfull in Iraq, we are screwed. On the other hand I have a profound adversion towards the "pacifists" - and I will not remove the quotes. While I do believe some of them are real pacifists, some have very good reasons to be against the war and some are just hopeless romantics who will seriously propose love and flowers as a global solution, I strongly suspect the motives of the majority of them. To me it's basic America bashing, the latest politically correct trend of basically intellectually dishonest people. By the way, I am not going to bother reading hate mail. In the present situation I resent opening my e-mail and finding all sorts of junk messages that a lot of people, for whatever reasons, maybe because of where I come from, or where I work, or where I was raised, expect and assume I will condone and, probably, applaud. They are dead wrong.

10:11 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives