WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, February 03, 2003  

JP is on his way to the airport now. Bummer.
So ... let's start with the party on Friday.
I was lucky to leave the office just a little before 10 PM, in time to get home to change and get to Opal by 10.30 PM.
Plenty of people showed up. Mario came with me. Debra was already at Opal's when we got there. Then Chema and his friend Fabian. Then Eloisa, Chino and his friend whose name I can't remember. Emilio and his friend Mario. Maria. Raul. Maite and Frank. Elena. Vivienne and Randy (though they left almost immediately). Maria Esther (she's pregnant and there was way too much smoke). Miguel. Miguel Angel. Bob. Monica. Nero and Riccardo. Then there were some no shows, like Luis and Loreto. Dessy had a short "nap" and woke up at midnight. In any case, I had a blast, and so did everybody else. I got lots of very nice little presents. Not one I did not like a lot. The only problem is I don't know who gave me what, so I'll have to write a general thank-you e-note for everybody.
I had about 6 or 7 apple martinis and danced non stop for who-knows-how-long. At a certain point Debra said there was somebody who wanted to dance with me and handed me over to my dream man. Big hard muscled hot suave black guy. I danced with him for quite a long and happy while, steadfastly refusing to tell him how old I was turning. He tried the old line of "You can't be a day over 32" but I kept mum. I got to dance face to face and, blissfully, he did grab my hips and turn me around for some good ol' bootie dance. Before I got too worked up I unglued myself from him and went back to dancing with my friends. After Opal we tried to get to Mica Bar but it was closed, so we went to Nessa. Needless to say, I stopped drinking after Opal and stuck to water. By then it was Debra, a very nice kid she met at Opal, Maria, Mario, Miguel, Miguel Angel, Emilio (who very nicely dashed home to drop my presents with the doorman), the other Mario and I. Emilio and the Marios were the firsts to leave, then it was Debra, I think, then Maria, followed by Miguel. As usual, M.A. and I closed the place down. He asked what was still open in the neighborhood but nothing was and we certainly did not want to go downtown so he walked me home at 4.30 AM or so.
At 7.30 AM JP rang the door. Actually he might have been ringing for a while but I was fast asleep. We were supposed to have lunch with Melissa but her phone was always busy and when I managed to get through nobody answered. It was already past 1.20 PM and we were starving. We had lunch at Ruby Foo in Times Square and then strolled home and stayed home. Oh, on Saturday Haizam called from Barcelona - I was really touched. Neither my brother nor my sister called *(in all fairness, she did send me a text message this morning from work).
Sunday JP and I met Raul and his wife for brunch at Calle Ocho and then walked all the way to the Plaza for tea. In the evening JP and I went out for a huge salad and a little pasta with olive oil only and then back home for some limoncello (courtesy of Miguel and M.A.). Today, Monday, I took a day off to spend it with JP. We got up late and had a lunch at a place near home. We then did our CompUSA compulsory stop and bought up a storm. I got him a film scanner for his birthday and we both bought cd business cards. I now have to come up with a 50 MB dazzling presentation (probably Flash). Shit! It's 9.45 PM and JP has not called from the airport. He is probably boarding now. I hate it when he is flying around. I don't feel good until he lands safely again. I take it so far that I won't watch the news until I talk to him again. Yes, I am aware of how ridiculous it sounds (it reads).
Now JP is not here, and M.A. went back home too. Double bummer. Francia should be coming in a couple of weeks though, and Pilar should be here in April.
Johanny read my mind tonight and called me a few minutes ago to see if we can get back to a training routine. I told him about the "Power of 10" book and he had heard about it, obviously. I will lend it to him. It might just work. We will probably start on Wednesday morning, which will give me time to take classes in the evening.
JP is definitely on board now. A little limoncello is just what I need ...

A little embarrassing side fact: the Lucas twins on My Life is a Sitcom are Tony Robbins' "followers". They show off their power moves, they drink the green drink, etc. And they are painfully loud!

I was just editing this post and came to realize that my life reads as a succession of bar and restaurant outings. I am getting a kick out of all this shallowness.

9:57 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives