WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, January 12, 2003  

Why did I have to show off my flexibility? We were enjoying a perfectly fine dinner when the topic turned to yoga (it was mostly sex all evening, but then this is NYC after all, and yoga creeps into any conversation). Several of the guests were very much or a little into yoga . J.A. is a serious adept, he has been practicing for years and he even does the yoga retreats in the middle of nowhere. Bob on the other hand is an enthusiastic beginner. Yours truly has has taken one lousy yoga class at a fitness convention in California a half lifetime ago. So of course when I heard Bob say there was this exercise that could be difficult I immediately had to assure him it was peanuts to me. I then proceeded to get on the floor and show off. I had no problem with the pose itself (lay down on you back and bring your legs up and behind you till you touch the floor with your toes) but then I thought it would be cute and athletic to sort of nap back to my feet with a flur. That did it. I felt something was wrong right away. Something in my neck. Today I woke up with a bad bad back. The pain is focused between my shoulder blades on the left side and it shots up to paralyze my neck. I can hardly turn my head around. Serves me right. A hot shower and a massage has helped some, but this won't go away easily, I know it. So now I have to go to work and sit at the computer for a few hours. Wonderful. Maybe I will learn.

11:33 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives