WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, January 25, 2003  

Took a day off today. I wanted to try and stay warm but there�s a problem with the heating in my apartment. It was just 17 degrees in my living room today (well, living room is a rather pompeous term for the one real room outside the bedroom, but it could qualify as the living wing in Manhattan). I had to call the handyman and althought the temperature in my room is a little warmer, it�s still just 18.5 in the living/only room. I am getting the service phone number first thing tomorrow morning. The good thing about having the handyman over is that he managed to unscrew a gizmo at the end of my kitchen faucet that was preventing me from screwing in my brand new Brita filter.
In any case, given that I was freezing at home I decided that I might as well freeze outside so out I went. I finally got the frigging plates. I bought a dozen and that should suffice for the time being. I almost started buying glassware too, but I had checked my VISA account prior to leaving the house so I knew it was not a good idea.
JP called a while ago to tell me has a flight booked for next Friday, so he will be here on Saturday for my birthday. Yeah!
He will not be here for Friday's night bash though, but that's OK.
I am off to Nidia's now. She has a little family party going on tonight. I am wrapping myself in my very politically incorrect fur coat and getting on the first cab I can lay my eyes on.

Back now. Major neck and head ache.

1:58 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives