WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, January 19, 2003  

This morning at 5 AM I had the cops at my door.
As soon as I came home from my Saturday night I tried to call J.P. (I just wanted to keep talking) and was actually successful at leaving a couple of messages. Five minutes after I hung up the door rang. I was startled because nobody shows up at my door like that here, not with the doormen downstairs. Well, I get to the door and I hear "Police!" straight out of the movies. For a second I thought something had happened to M.A. but then I quickly realized there was no reason for the police to come get me. "What have I done?" was another thought that crossed my mind, which proves how easy it is to doubt yourself! For a fleeting second I though maybe I had had a psychotic episode, had killed somebody and could not remember it! Guess it�s time to stop reading true crime books. Anyway, there were these two officers, a guy and a woman. They told me they were responding to a 911 call made from my number. I had no clue. But then they asked if I had made a long distance call. Duh! I said yes and I tried to repeat JP's number (not an easy thing to do when you have dyscalculia , a few drinks and are totally startled). That's what it was. I had misdialed. But I know I am delighted to know that, should I need them, police will be at my door within minutes .
Gotta hop in the shower now. I am meeting Debra for brunch and something.

12:54 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives