WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, January 27, 2003  

The paella on Sunday went great. Everybody showed up and everybody stayed. Some stayed and stayed. We had lots of wine and then when we were done with the wine we polished off a big bottle of rum, a smaller one, almost a bottle of vodka and God knows what elsel. Miguel, M.A. and I tried to go dancing afterwards, but all the bars in the neighborhood had their TV sets on and were transmitting the Super Bowl so after a while we hopped in a cab (it was snowing!) and went to Splash, in Chelsea. As usual the bartenders were gorgeous, I danced until I thought my feet were going to fall off (again, those pretty high-heeled pointy boots!), I got to grind with a half-naked gorgeous twentysomething (as gay as they come, of course, but I had no further intentions), I got to slip a couple of bucks in the red thong of one of the dancers gyrating on top of the bar counter, etc. Clearly good ol' decadent fun. Eventually M.A. was ready to go. Miguel stayed on. We again hopped in a cab, it was still snowing. I tried to convince him to go to the Park and make a snowman but I guess the prospect of freezing his butt at 2 AM in Central Park with a demented hyped woman was not too appealing to him. We decided to leave it for this morning. This morning I obviously slept until 11AM when I was awoken by Nidia reminding me that I was supposed to have lunch with her and Jose Antonio. Needless to say, I canceled.
I am now almost ready to go to work. I have to send off the invitations to my birthday party on Friday and I have a gazillion things to do. I also have to figure out what's wrong with my vacuum. It died on me and it's very bad timing. Vacuums should not die on you after a party where glasses have been broken, food has been thrown on the floor, wine has been spilled on carpets ... I also need to move a table back into my room. So many things, so little time!

2:10 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives