WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, January 04, 2003  

I'm back home! And boy am I happy! I had a great time in Madrid but I miss NYC. I just adore this city.
I flew in on Friday. Took off from Madrid at 10.30 AM, connected in Lisbon at 11.30 AM and arrived in NY at about 5 PM. The best thing was that I got bumped into First Class on the Lisbon-NYC leg. I have no idea why but when I showed my boarding pass for the very last time the flight attendant that took it wrote a new seat number and announced to me that it was on First Class. It was certainly enjoyable but frankly, I don't think I would pay for First Class out of my pocket - sure, the seats are fine but I don't need them, I can sleep just about anywhere. The champagne I don't care for and I am not drinking more wine than I would in coach just because it's free. The food is much better and you get your own little screen (but I hardly ever watch a movie) so the only selling point to me is the clean bathroom. For some reason I expected the restroom to be much bigger and it wasn't, but it sure was cleaner and that I appreciate.
At Barajas airport, doing the check in just beside me was this guy who worked at the office a few months ago and whom I really like. He was flying back to NY with his wife, and I really liked her too.
Then on the plane the lady sitting beside me was a Barbra Streisand look alike and just friendly enough that we could talk a little without me feeling like I had to sustain a running conversation till landing.
I am home now. I did not go out yesterday nor today, except for the bare necessities. Tomorrow though I should go to the Apple store in SoHo.

11:21 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives