WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, January 31, 2003  

I did go out yesterday, same ol' Opal till almost 3 AM. I almost felt guilty for M.A. - he has to work this morning while I am only due at the office at 3 PM. On the other hand, he's leaving tomorrow and I have to milk him for all his worth. He's particularly entertaining conversationwise and he dances too - a hard act to follow. Also, I don't go to bars on my own, I don' even go to bars with girlfriends, unless it's a bona fide girls-nite-out so I will probably not set a foot at Opal or anywhere else until he comes back, four months from now. Drab perspective. Oh, well, l'll indulge in depression on Monday evening, once he and my husband are both gone. I guess I will go back to spending an inordinate amount of time at the gym.
I got up this morning because I had to talk to my cleaning lady, but I shall go back to bed now for a couple of hours, if I can fall asleep again. If I can't, I'll just read and relax.

Message for Susan: thanks for the e-mail! It feels funny to know you are reading this!

Here's the text of my Evite for tonight:
"It's that time of the year bash - Here I am again, a year older and it ain't a pretty picture. I need all the help I can get to overcome this catastrophic event so please join me for several batches of apple martinis at Opal's (www.opalbar.com) after 10 PM on Friday. It�s a regular bar not a private party, so just walk in and go to the back bar. Friends of friends of friends are welcome. Handsome friends of friends are even more welcome. I will be easy to spot: I�ll be the drunk sobbing in the corner."
About 40 people are invited, plus their significant others. So far 3 declined (with decent excuses), 6 are trying to rearrange their schedules or get out of work early, and 19 said yes. The rest are undecided (reasons vary from "It's cold", to "It's too late" to the plain "I don't know").

9:59 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives