WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, December 29, 2002  

Lunch today at my brother�s. It was delicious: we started with orecchiette with broccoli, peperoncino and pignoli, then it was fish with olive oil and onions and fain�. Dessert was dulce de leche ice-cream with walnuts and warm chocolate. I didn�t have any but I heard it was scrumptious.
Tonight I went out with Jimena and Jose. JP stayed home. He seems to be practicing for his old age. We met my brother and three Italians friends of his at El Bonanno. The Italians were way too loud for me and the place was too smoky so Jimena, Jose and I left to have some tapas at Almendro 13 and then came back for some more wine. We did not stay long though. I must admit that I like Madrid, I like the bar, the food is great (when you can find something vegetarian, that is) but the smoke situation is really bad, not to mention the general lack of hygiene. Every single surface is sticky and the floors are a mess of paper napkins and god-know-what. I try not to focus on the filthy fingers going from my drink/food to the money and back to my drink/food. As for the restrooms, I did not dare to use them.
Tomorrow I might go shopping with Jimena.

7:41 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives