WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, December 25, 2002  

I am in Madrid now, barely able to move after eating way too much turr�n. The trip was almost uneventful. I was sitting beside a big black guy with a big baby on his lap but fortunately there was a seat available across the aisle which I claimed as mines as soon as dinner was served. That was good for me but also for the poor father, otherwise he would have lost an arm to gangrene from holding the child on the 6 hours flight.
So I moved to the other seat and chitchatted for a while with the guy sitting beside me. Very nice young fellow from Senegal who has been to school in NY but now lives in Senegal. We switched from English to French but it did not take long for the conversation to die, especially after he said he disliked NY and the US in general. He actually said, with no embarrassment at all, that he prefers the suburbs. That was a major conversation killer.
As usual, I kept scanning the plane for somebody easy on the eyes but was dismayed at the curiously unattractive people surrounding me (it is a very strange thing indeed when I can�t pick out somebody in a crowd to lust after). I thought I had been particularly unlucky but then we landed in Lisbon and I found myself surrounded by the most ghastly looking people I had ever seen. Boy, are the Portuguese ugly! How did the Brazilians get to be so gorgeous?
Re. JP�s present (a 17� flat screen monitor - I can say it now) needless to say, it never made it to Madrid. The airline has not even figured out if it left NY at all. I am almost sure it was stolen either in NY or in Lisbon.

Technical note: VNC is not working. I can�t connect to Rory. I hope it did not go down.

11:58 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives