WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, November 09, 2002  

A wonderful evening. I barely made it to the movies because there were not cabs in sight. I waited for more than half an hour and chatted up a storm with fellow taxi longers. Finally, after calling Francia and telling her that was not going to make it in time and that I would just meet her after the movie, I hailed a cab and rushed to the theater to see Bowling in Columbine (I had to sit on the very first row though). I loved the first hour or so of the movie, thought it was very interesting and made a few good points, but then it turned into pure propaganda. Moore has an agenda and he shoves it down your throat with no finesse. Though some and maybe a lot of what he says is true or pretty close to the truth (his arguments are not exactly bulletproof) he chooses the easy way out, making his point in a rather bullying manner. I particularly disliked the final scenes with Charleton Heston and the picture of the dead little girl. It was such a cheap shot and a particularly ineffective one too: by the end of it I was siding with Heston (which I am usually not a fan of) who comes across as a old confused man being ambushed by a very unlikeable sleazo exploiting the death of a little girl to look good.

Back to the social scene.
After the movie Francia and I were joined by Miguel �ngel. We went to a place just around the corner for dinner and drinks and then to Morgan's where we met a couple of guys from London (actually, one of them lives in NY and the other, the gorgeous one who can't dance, had arrived three hours earlier for the weekend. We drank a little and danced a little. I grinded a couple of times with a black girl at the bar. Her friend had braces, just like me, and we bonded.
After Morgan's Francia was falling apart (the girl is not a night person) but Miguel �ngel and I were doing just fine so we cabbied over to Bar None , a favorite dive of his. Nothing much was going on, the music was lousy, there were a lot of white awkward college kids and we left. Well, to be honest we left when they asked us to leave because it was 4 am and they were closing.
All the while the three of us first and then Miguel �ngel and I had a non stop conversation going, which truly amazes me.
Now it's good ol' Saturday and I have to figure out if I will be taking Melissa to see the Lyon King tomorrow or if we are going to go out today. I also have to make my Saturday's phone calls. Later.

10:10 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives