WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, October 06, 2002  

Today I made my usual Saturday calls to my family. My mother was on some new pill and I had great difficulty understanding what she said, she was slurring her words and the content of her speech was not much better. I guess I'll never agree with her shrink's approach. I then called my sister, who was the one who told me about the new medication, and then my hubby. I actually called him 3 or 4 times. He was with a business associate who must think I am a harassing wife. The decidely crazy decision about closing the trade offices abroad was confirmed yesterday (this is what happens when you have a senile President) so, technically, JP's future does not look too bright. In actuality though it's great news. For one, it means he is definitely moving in with me in January. It also means he now officially qualifies as a victim, a fact that can be duly exploited! And last but not least he will be able to work full-time at his other - and more lucrative - interests.
I met Melissa for lunch today and took her to Vegetarian Paradise. I ruined the perfectly healthy lunch immediately by taking her next door and buying way too much junk. We spent some time strolling in Chinatown and then I walked her home in time to get ready for a party she was going to with her family. While we were having lunch I told her about JP's and my plans of buying something, maybe even out of Manhattan, and then when we were saying goodbye she suddenly asked if we were still going to see each other when I move. It's like every time I doubt whether I am doing enough or when I wonder whether she is getting bored with me she comes up with something this sweet and I am completely reassured.
I fell asleep early this evening so it is now late at night and I've done my on-line compulsive shopping (just ordered a Rollo Style brush) and finished cooking all the veggies to supplement a veggie soup tomorrow.
I bought ViaVoice for Mac OS X today at Apple's store in Soho but I can't get it to do the voice setup. I'll try with another mike on Monday and if it's still not working I'll see what I can do about it.

1:49 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives