WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, October 13, 2002  

It's been raining non stop since JP arrived so we've been mostly going out for a short periods of time, getting completely soaked and coming back home.
Today, while JP was out having a haircut (the real short buzz cut I love), I started the day with the usual cheerful Saturday call to my mother who was doing worse than ever, if such a thing is possible. Today's is the two years anniversary of my father's death and she was drugged out and in absolute despair. My sister arrived while I was talking to her (more like listening, actually) and she seemed to find the situation quite normal.
As soon as JP was back we were out of the house. We went down to the Village to have lunch at a Spanish place and then walked (or swam) to the SoHo Apple Store (with a stop at the new Prada shop - just to check out the shop itself as I find 99.9% of Prada stuff absolutely hideous, the remaining 0.1% being a pair of heels now and then). He had not seen the Apple place yet and that's just unacceptable. We spent quite some time coveting just about everything and, specifically, the flat-panel displays. JP offered to buy me one of the 17-inch monitors for our anniversary (which is today: 25 years since we met) but I heroically declined. I think it's better to wait a little while and then go for the 23-inch. Still, saying no was very, very difficult. Rational thinking does not come easy to me. After what is slowly becoming my weekly pilgrimage to the Apple shrine, we tried to walk a couple of blocks under pouring rain only to decide that is was better to fight off the crowd for a cab. We got home and went out almost immediately to get some food, then came back and never left. We spent the rest of the day channel surfing and even had dinner in bed.
He's fast asleep now and I am getting hungry.

2:25 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives