WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, October 21, 2002  

It's been a long long day with very little sleep (fell asleep at 4 am, the alarm rang at 6 am and I stayed in a state of near coma until about 8.30 am) and very little food at 6.30 pm when I realized all I had had since yesterday were two glasses of water. It's 10.30 pm now and I'll be out of here in no time. Actually, I am done with my job but I am waiting for Haizam so we can go out and have a very late happy hour before going home.
This morning I was here at 10 am to attend a meeting at 10.30 am. The meeting itself would have been considered unpleasant by anybody else's standards, as it was not only about voting somebody out of a panel, but voting him off his present position. Being the monster that I am, I enjoyed every minute of it. I just love to watch the different personalities at work and how people react very differently to the same situation. Today I was witness to two extremely different styles of handling direct confrontation. One was a very dignified response and the other was a screaming heart-attack-in-the-process kind of response. I just had to call hubby later in the evening to let him know that I now completely understand what it is about meetings that he loves so much. And the power is OURS!

10:38 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives