WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, October 04, 2002  

I got my first $50 free freshdirect.com order. I know I'd love this service. The veggies look very nice and the strawberries smell yummy. They also sent me a loaf of frozen bread, a chocolate chip cookie and a roasted chicken, which I will oh so kindly give out to a non vegetarian colleague or homeless person.
I've been spending quite some time on the phone tonight. Spoke to my in-laws in Madrid who where worried about the shooting lunatic and then maybe 4 or 5 times with JP (hubby, not trainer), then called my friend Gabriela in Uruguay.
I've also spent some time surfing for real estate web sites. I looked for houses as far away as Larchmont, NY and Greenwich, CT and then decided that's way too far away, so I researched the New Jersey Gold Coast. There are very interesting properties to buy in several gated communities on the waterfront - I just have to get over the shock of having a NJ address (Bruce Springsteen is from NJ, right? I feel better already). In about a week, when JP is here, we'll rent a car and start window shopping for a house. He's leaving Buenos Aires in December, putting all our stuff in storage and moving in with me in January. Hopefully we will find something to buy within a year. We have yet to decide where exactly we'd like to live and I for one change my mind every five minutes. Sometimes I think I absolutely do not want to leave the city but then I am not willing to live in a shoebox for the rest of my life. Both JP and I love entertaining, so we really need some space. On the other hand I don't enjoy quiet residential areas or too much nature. I need mean city streets and bars and restaurants. I need diversity and chaos.
As usual, as I am multitasking: surfing, downloading and installing stuff and watching TV. Right now it's (once again) "Malice" with Alec Baldwin, Nicole Kidman and Bill Pullman. Love this movie. Love Alec Baldwin. Must be the only hairy guy I've ever liked.
Oh, and I am also looking into the price of rebounders ...

12:18 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives