WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, October 01, 2002  

For some reason I can't seem to get back on my training routine. I was tired at work today and decided ro get to bed early. It's 9.15 pm and I have found a thousand things to do. Hopefully I'll be quietly reading by 10.30 so I can get up by 5.30 am or so and hit the gym first thing tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I made history. I was supposed to be at a meeting at 3 pm for precis writing. Was there all right, with a colleague from my team ... except that we got into the wrong conference room! We even went as far as sending back the French team that came down to (legitimaly) cover the meeting. We thought it was funny that the rest of our team was not showing up but we did not realize our mistake until the meeting started and the delegates were reading very strange speeches. Needless to say we had to call back the French team and scurry into the other meeting. I was trying very hard not to burst out laughing. I had had half a glass of wine at noon (at a goodbye lunch for another colleague who was retiring) but certainly not enough to lose my spatial abilities and I was with this other girl after all.To make things worse I was telling the whole story to somebody in the restroom today (I can't never keep my mouth shut) when the boss walked in. I figured it would be better for me to tell her myself before the grapevine magnifies the incident beyond recognition. Being who she is is hard for me to say wether she found the story mildly amusing or if she is now more convinced than ever of my complete idiocy.

I am happily chugging away my green drink. I was told today that Miguel Angel will be back in town next week. We were not expecting him until next year, so this is good news. Lots of nights out to the bars are in my near future.

In the meantime, it seems hubby will be here this week-end, so I might take Monday off to enjoy his company. I will see Melissa on Saturday and then maybe we could rent a car and get out of town.

Re. Tony's event: it was great, as usual. I am now planning for UPW Miami at the beginning of 203.
This time, for the second time, I helped with the special needs people and I really love it. It enables me to interact with a group of participants from day one and see the transformation. Also, some of their stories were incredible. There was this guy Frank, who was in a fire at work 20 years ago. He was not burnt but he has extensive neurological damage and is now disabled. He was in such a high after the firewalk that he actually went to talk to Tony about joining his Platinum Partnership. There was also this young woman, with her husband. She was paralyzed from the waist down because of a doctor who kept telling her to sleep out her pain and call him in the morning. She now can walk, although in a funny, wobbly way, but has no feelings in her butt and mid-section and is in pain. In the midst of this otherwise tragic stories is so refreshing to see couples going through things like this together. In Boston we had a couple where the lady had a neurogical disorder and was in constant pain. The husband spoke so lovingly of her to me it was just beautiful. I am definetely going to crew the special needs position from now on. And I hope to work with Donna again. She was just magnificent. There were also two other girls who helped a lot but I can't remember their name. I hope I will when I see them in the crew list.

And the greatest thing about this UPW was when I saw this cute little guy a had befriended at UPW Boston. He was just the nicest, most genuine, energetic guy and I remembered he was a broker and worked at or near the WTC. After Sept. 11th I was worried sick about him but, as usual, could not remember his name so it was hard to find out anything. And there he was! I saw him on Saturday afternoon, while we were helping the participants find buddies for an exercise. I kept an eye on him and eventually went to talk to him and give him a hug. He did remember me and he said he had sent me an e-mail. I never got it and I am afraid he sent it to the wrong address. I hope he calls me if it happens again. He seems like such a nice guy.

10:03 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives